Tuesday 11 March 2014

Peter/Robin and Wendy

Some dolls are more than dolls. They tug at our hearts, move us to tears, make us smile, make us want to look after them and always be around them because we feel they are real, more than dolls. They reach out to us and touch us. I can't really explain and a few years ago I would have shaken my head if someone had told me this.

Then I met Peter/Robin, THE Inviting Play boy made by the amazing Julie Colby, who found his way to live with me.

I realized quite soon that he was very special, that he needed someone to properly look after him when I am away, someone who knows him on a deeper level than "just" another doll. So I asked Julie to please, please make a Wendy for "my" Peter. This is how Julie and I decided to make a trade. A Wendy for me and as it later turned out a Louise for her. Louise is still travelling, we're crossing our fingers for a speedy arrival.

Wendy was waiting for me when I came back from our holidays in the Swiss Alps. She is perfect! And like I hoped she and Peter/Robin share that special bond that only some siblings share <3




What do you mean big sister? I'm taller than you are. See?

Yes, I can even kiss you on the head!

No comments:

Post a Comment