Tuesday 25 March 2014

Thankfulness

Jane's auction has left me speechless and thankful for many reasons.
First of course as it shows a deep love for the little ones I create with my hands, love creating. It shows a love for handmade, one of a kind, imperfections, warmth, tradition and natural materials.
I have gotten so many messages of people who are happy for me and with me. People who have watched the auction because they care for me as a maker, others who care for my creations. 
I am humbled and a little bit self conscious because I'm not sure my dolls are "good enough". To me of course they are, but as always, there are imperfections that to me give them more personality, make them more special in my eyes, but I know we live in a world that doesn't always allow room for imperfection, who makes us try to hide them. I know many of the people who love my dolls agree with my view of imperfections breathing life into the little ones. And I find this incredibly touching and soothing.
THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH!!! <3

And of course Jane is very excited to travel to her new home and meet all her new friends I already showed her on my computer screen!

No comments:

Post a Comment